June 27, 2012

BEAUTY: 5 More Beauty Products I Love Right Now

I love buying and trying new beauty products (I have to reward myself somehow for running Target errands) so as a follow-up to my 5 Beauty Products I Love Right Now post, I want to share more awesome items I can't get enough of. Let's go!


1. Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum
I bought this on a whim after seeing a positive review on Beauty Broadcast and, honestly, I would use this product every day even if it did nothing to stop breakage (but thankfully it does!) because the scent is AMAZING. I am admittedly a coconut fanatic (scent and flavor) so this milky, sweet scent instantly endeared me to the serum. Aside from that, it seems to actually prohibit breakage. My hair is pretty healthy, but it does fall out a lot when I comb it (although I've heard it's normal to lose 100 strands of hair per day - HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!). I put a small amount in my wet hair and run through with with my fingers and I've noticed less strand loss when I use it. One warning: don't use too much or you will have awkward greasy bangs all day.



2. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
There's a reason this stuff has been popular for way longer than I've been alive - it works SO WELL. I remember my mom using this green goop when I was little and it seems like it's made a cameo in practically every sitcom and movie in the overused 'AHHHH! They caught me in my face mask!' scene. It feels so cool and tingly when you put it on and this is probably the only face mask that has ever caused a noticeable difference in my skin. I got a big tub of it at Sally's Beauty Supply (for like $5), which I recommend because it can be a little too thick to squeeze from a tube. 

3. Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
This isn't so much a product as it is a method, I guess. I've been occasionally substituting a vinegar/water mix for conditioner and loving the results. If you haven't heard of this I know it sounds weird, but it leaves my hair super soft without the chemicals found in most traditional conditioners. Plus, it's super cheap! You simply mix a 1:4 ratio of apple cider vinegar to water (you can adjust that as needed) in a spray bottle and after shampooing saturate your hair with the mixture and rinse. I sprayed it in my eye and mouth the first time I used it, but now it's a breeze. Yes, your hair kind of smells like vinegar when it's wet but the scent completely goes away almost immediately and you'll never smell it when it dries.


4. ELF Shimmering Facial Whip
Despite the overly fancy name, this is just a basic highlighter but it really does a great job. I have it in Lilac Petal and I use a bit on my cheekbones and brow bone to add dimension. At first I was put off by the lipgloss-esque texture, but by using a small amount and rubbing it in the sticky feeling disappears. The shimmer and shade are exactly what I was looking for and at just $1.00 I am now attached to this product.
5. EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint
If you know me, you've definitely seen me with a lip balm in hand...I literally never leave home without it. I've been a diehard Burt's Bees user for years and while I try new ones here and there I always rely on my Burt's for the heavy lifting of hydrating and smoothing my lips. This is SO not the case anymore! The EOS balms are amazing, but the Sweet Mint flavor is especially wonderful. It is really similar in scent to the Orbit gum flavor of the same name and it lasts and lasts and lasts. It's not a superficial lip balm - this baby moisturizes. It'll definitely earn a permanent place in your purse.


So I have to ask - what are your favorite beauty products right now?

xoxo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...